I read Lover Enshrined yesterday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here are some quick observations/comments:
1. I loved the whole John/Qhuinn/Blay dynamic. I was most fascinated with the plots involving all three of them.
2. I think the Qhuinn/Blay story was probably how Ward wished she’d have handled the Butch/Vishous story. Of course I never had a problem with the way she handled them in Lover Unbound in the first place. I didn’t see the mutual male/male romantic love till the blog version of Chinese whispers started.
3. I can’t wait for John’s story.
4. I think Ward’s handling of Phury was fine. He was a drug addict at the end of the day, so not bound to change overnight. Very angsty, but not annoying.
5. I can’t wait for John’s story.
6. Ward seems to be a specialist in portraying strong male friendships. There seems to be an intensity to them that’s severely lacking between any of the female protags. She should sort that out.
7. I can’t wait for John’s story.
8. As much as I hate the lessers, I’m glad they were back in LE, I think they’re a necessary evil in the the BDB books.
9. I can’t wait for John’s story.
10. I wonder if Xhex is really going to be John’s mate when he gets his book. I bet Ward changes her mind just like Lisa Kleypas did with the Cam and Daisy.
11 I can’t wait for John’s story.
12. Lash is a twat.
13. I can’t wait for John’s story.
14. I was surprisingly sympathetic towards Cormia. I didn’t hate her at all. In fact, I found myself liking her a lot, especially when her knickers started defrosting, and she grew a backbone.
15. I like Jane The Doc, even if she is a ghost.
16. I can’t wait for John’s story.
17. I’m happy about what happened to the majority of the Glymera, they were assholes.
18. I can’t wait to read John’s story.
19. I wonder if Ward is feeling the pressure to make John’s book the best of them all?
20. I still have a very soft spot for Zhadist and Bella. I love their pairing.
21. How many of you are also looking forward to John’s story? *g*