Posted in: Azteclady Speaks
Directly from her blog:
Enter to win a Nook! Help me spread the word about my upcoming release, BROKEN-due out 3.2.2010. You can get your name entered for a drawing for a Nook, the new ebook reader from Barnes and Noble. You can also enter by preordering the book online or buying the book during release week-during… not before.
For the no purchase option, please see below.
Read on for details…
Please be sure to follow the steps listed…if you don’t, your entries may not be counted.
- Preorder the book online to earn 100 entries into the contest. BLANK OUT SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA and forward email receipt to contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com with PREORDER in the subject line. Already preordered? That counts! If you don’t like to order online, see the next option as an alternative.
- Buy the book during release week to earn 100 entries into the contest. Buy between Sunday 2.28 thru Saturday 3.6 and either scan/email a copy of the receipt to shilohwalker(at)gmail.com or mail a copy of the receipt to Shiloh Walker , PO Box 976, Jeff, IN 47131. (Blank out all personal data and make sure you include an email addy if you mail the receipt.)
- Earn 50 entries into the contest by posting the below cover graphic/excerpt & blurb to your blog (please note-it isn’t necessary to use this blog post in it’s entirety-just the blurb/cover/excerpt and please include link –> http://shilohwalker.com/excerpt_broken.htm <– to my site). Post a link here in comment with a link to your blog post & and email me the link at contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com with BLOG ENTRY in the subject line. Limited to one post/entry per blogger.
**Please, no facebook pages/myspace, etc. Active blogs only. (Active meaning established-you can’t start up a blog today for the purpose of entering.)
A Nook-name drawn randomly.
A second prize will also be given away-will include books, probably a GC and other assorted goodies.
No purchase option:
- You can get ONE entry sending a postcard WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND MAILING ADDRESS to Shiloh Walker PO BOX 976 Jeff, IN 47131. Post cards must be received by 3/2/10 in order to be entered into the drawing and this is limited to one postcard/entry per household.
- Yes, you can enter using all three options- buy or preorder, blogging and postcard entry.
- Yes, this contest is open to those outside the country-however, I realize the Nook may not be ideal for international winners, and should an international winner be drawn, I do have another alternative in mind-however, that alternative will only be offered in the event an international winner is drawn.
- I reserve the right to delete suspicious entries.
- Do NOT post this contest to sweepstakes or contest sites. In the event this happens, I reserve the right to end the contest without drawing a winner and without giving away the prize.
- By entering any of my contests, you attest that you are eighteen, or the age of majority in your place of residence.
- It is your responsibility to check back and see if you’ve won. The winner’s name will be announced either the week BROKEN releases or the week following around mid-March to allow the mailed receipts time to arrive.
- One entry per household.
- Read my disclaimer for the other rules.
- Previously I have allowed people to enter using posts on myspace/facebook, etc, but because those pages ‘update’ so frequently, it’s very hard to check on those, and time consuming. Thus, I’m no longer going to use those for contest entries. I’m sorry!
If your comment doesn’t show right away, don’t worry… my spam filter is pretty aggressive, but I’ll keep an eye on and pull out the comments that aren’t spam.
Quinn Rafferty is working as a bounty hunter and bail bondsman in St. Louis when a new neighbor catches his eye. He’s tempted by her beauty—but he knows from experience that anyone desperate enough to live in his building is damaged goods. Besides, he has his own soul to mend before he can worry about anyone else.
Sara Davis is on the run, but not for the usual reasons a woman goes on the lam. She’s not an abused wife, and she’s not a criminal. But she does have a plan for her future. And as much as she finds herself attracted to her gruff, tough neighbor, she can’t risk telling him the secrets she’s hiding. There’s just too much at stake.
Driven to desire…
But Quinn must get closer to Sara when she turns out to be the target of his new missing persons case, and he discovers that there is something more complex and dangerous to her than he thought. Now, both Quinn and Sara will have to expose their true feelings—as well as their fragile hearts—if they hope their love will survive…
He opened the door—
And stopped dead in his tracks as somebody all but fell into his arms. Somebody…a woman. And not Theresa.
He caught her just above her elbows, automatically steadying her.
“I’m sorry,” she said, her voice soft and low.
Then she lifted her face and Quinn found himself gazing into the biggest, brownest eyes he’d ever seen in his life. Feeling a little dazed, he studied her face while she stammered out another apology.
Quinn barely heard it.
He was too busy staring at her mouth. A very pretty mouth, a cupid’s bow mouth slicked with deep, vibrant red. Under his hands, he could feel silken smooth skin and unable to resist, he stroked a thumb along her inner arm.
Her skin was soft, soft and warm. He was also pretty sure she had the creamiest, most flawless skin imaginable. Her shoulder-length hair was a shade caught between blonde and brown, nondescript, but for some reason, he found himself thinking about tangling his fingers in that hair and holding her head still while he kissed that red-slicked mouth.